We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lima Airport- help

Orlando
2 posts
Save Topic
Lima Airport- help

My husband and I are considering a flight that has us landing at 11:00pm at Lima Airport- Then leaving at 5:40am the next morning for Cusco. We were informed that we should be back at the airport by 4am. My question is- does anyone know of a close/safe/inexpensive hotel were we can get a couple hours of sleep? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. If we were traveling in the states I would just hang at the airport- but I have gotten the impression that Lima Airport is very unsafe.

lima
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lima Airport- help

there is no anyclose hotel close to the airport just the airport hotel,the airport is safe but goin around the airport it is not safe,maybe u can stay at the airport,there are a lot og things to do!

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,433 posts
505 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lima Airport- help

Many travellers stay the night a the airport hanging around the food court. Its uncomfortable but safe.

If not, try the Manhattan Inn.

Orlando
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lima Airport- help

Thank you!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lima Airport- help

I would recommed just staying in the airport. Lines start to form for that early flight to Cusco at like 3:30 in the morning, so by the time you land, get your bags, and get to your hotel, you'd be heading right back out. The food court and the areas around it are good places to hang, and just keep an eye on your stuff (or lay on it, like a pillow). It's not really unsafe, just not particularly comfortable.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
185 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lima Airport- help

Do yourselves a big favor and go on a later flight to Cusco and get a better nights rest if you can. It is really hard on the body to arrive to CUsco with really tired bodies. It makes it easier for the altitude to get to you. If you cant stay at the airport hotel (over 200.00) there is the Mami Panchita or Manhattan which are about 20 minutes from the airport.

Jefferson City...
Level Contributor
251 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lima Airport- help

I have an almost identical flight plan. Arriving in Lima from Atlanta on Delta at 11:50 p.m. and departing for Cusco at 5:40 a.m. Three weeks from tomorrow, to be exact. I was planning to just hang at the airport, too. I hope there are other folks around doing the same thing.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,433 posts
505 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lima Airport- help

You will find plenty travellers staying the night by the food court.

Miami
Level Contributor
41 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lima Airport- help

I agree with "ancient" that the Cuzco altitude can hit you HARD. Four of us arrived in Lima at 5:00am, had a flight out to Cuzco at 9am. When we got to Cuzco all four of us were less than 100%. We had planned to visit some ruins that first day, but we weren't up to it. We meandered about Cuzco, took care of money exchange, had lunch, took some photos, napped...nothing much that first day. Take sorojchi, it helped immensely.

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lima Airport- help

We had a similar flight leaving early for Mancora and we just stayed the night at the airport. We hung out in the food court and internet cafe for a while then went through security, found our gate and basically had the whole area to ourselves until close to flight time when it filled up with business travellers. The seating has no arms so you can stretch out and sleep for a few hours easily. Never felt unsafe once. In fact Lima airport was pretty organised. Once you get through the throng of drivers greeting the arrivals, you just walk past them to the check in area and go upstairs once you have checked in for your next flight. Security was everywhere, only passengers are allowed in most areas. No one even gets in the building unless they have a reason to be there.

Lima, Peru
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Lima Airport- help

Here is another choice that you can consider, making the booking directly to the hostel they pick you up for free. tripadvisor.com/…MIDC