We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hostel in Lima, somewhere unusual and like a retreat

Which Lima hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
276 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
hostel in Lima, somewhere unusual and like a retreat

Can anyone recommend a hostel in Lima, for two females for two nights when we arrive, we want our own room to share. We have looked at One Hostel but wondered it anyone knows of a more unusual retreat-like kind of place in a safe neighbourhood with people of all ages from around the world and not dominated by teenage backpackers....thanks

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hostel in Lima, somewhere unusual and like a retreat

hostels not dominated by young backpackers

who always stay at Hostels wow that is a toughie...

For me recently Stayed at the

Larco Suites in Miraflores on the main drag nice

safe close to everything en suite bath TV $30

www.asiarooms.com other cheap LIM options

at travel agents prices...

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,116 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hostel in Lima, somewhere unusual and like a retreat

You should try Hotel La Castellana in Miraflores.Well located and reasonable in price.(http://www.castellanahotel.com/english/)

Lima
Level Contributor
208 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hostel in Lima, somewhere unusual and like a retreat

I stayed once at El Patio, here is their website if you want to have a look. It is very well-located in Miraflores and not that expensive!

http://www.hostalelpatio.net/

Good luck!!

Menen, Belgium
Level Contributor
256 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hostel in Lima, somewhere unusual and like a retreat

Safe in Lima (www.safeinlima.com) is a small place to stay in a safe street with a guard 24 hours on site who admits people to the short street. It's a ten minutes walk to/from the Parque Municipal of Barranco. There are only five rooms but it's more a home than a hostel. Geraldine, a born Limeña who speaks good English, takes guests and other tourists to several sites in Lima & the ruins close to Lima. According to their website they charge 55 S/. per person in 2009, breakfast in included. I especially like the beds, really comfy. This is not really a backpacker place, guests are generally from 25 and above.

London
Level Contributor
276 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hostel in Lima, somewhere unusual and like a retreat

Thank you very much everyone, I esp like Hostel El Patio...will check them all out....

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hostel in Lima, somewhere unusual and like a retreat

I second Safe In Lima. I stayed there in Oct. and really liked it. I am happy I stayed in Barranco. I could still walk to Miraflores but Barranco had a real neighborhood feel and Safe In Lima was a nice, very small guest house with beautiful rooms.

7. Re: hostel in Lima, somewhere unusual and like a retreat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 06:20