We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lima Tour from Airport

West Berlin, New...
Level Contributor
66 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Lima Tour from Airport

Are there any tourist companies at the Lima airport that offer tours of Lima for 6-8 hours while we wait for our connecting flight back to the US?

If not, has anyone had personal experiences with a guide who can pick us up at the airport and provide a private tour of Lima?

Lima
Level Contributor
208 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lima Tour from Airport

Hi!

Check this out, it might help you a bit

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294316-c110686/Lima:…

Or try to contact the various private guides everyone talks about on this forum, like "vanessa" or Cinthya Laquernaque, here is the email: cinandb@hotmail.com

Fox Island...
Level Contributor
610 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lima Tour from Airport

When I was in Peru in '06 we found InkaWasi at the Lima Airport and hired a guide and driver for the day. It was $90 for 2 of us and included admission to 2 cathedrals and a museum. We toured Lima from 10 am to 3 pm and then they dropped us off in Miraflores. We wandered around on our own, then they picked us up at about 8 pm and took us back to the airport. It was perfect. I don't know if InkaWasi is still there but someone must be doing the same thing.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
105 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lima Tour from Airport

Good info. Reading the above link/article, you mention the tax to leave the airport...I'm thinking of doing the same thing, but I thought the tax I pay for flights was for departures (before boarding). I will land in Lima in transit from Buenos Aires. Is there a tax assessed to people just to 'exit' the airport? Thanks much.

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,183 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lima Tour from Airport

The tax is for departing flights. You don't pay any taxes on arrival, or for leaving the airport (into Lima for instance). The place where you pay taxes is just before security (I think) in the departures terminal area.

5. Re: Lima Tour from Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 17:23