We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Star Peru on-line

Oregon
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Booking Star Peru on-line

I am trying to book a roundtrip flight from Lima to Cusco on Star Peru's website but am not having any luck. They will let me get seats, but won't let me pay. It says my card needs to be 'verified by visa', but even though it is - it won't work. In addition, the phone number postedn on the English section of their website is also a dead end.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can call to book over the phone or somehow get them to accept my Visa online? Has anyone had the same problems and got around them?

Thank you for any help you can provide...

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Star Peru on-line

www.traficoperu.com can book if you are having difficulty

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
27 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Star Peru on-line

I had the same problem a couple of months ago. You have to register your credit card to be "Verified by Visa." (Google that to find out more). I have a Capital One card through and they don't do Verified by Visa, so I had to try a couple of other cards, was finally able to get it "Verified" (for free), and then was able to do my purchase on line.

Lima
Level Contributor
523 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Star Peru on-line

Take a look at...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294314-i3023-k311…

malta
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Star Peru on-line

hi there,

weve had gthe same problem. We even checked with the bank about verifying the visa and they told us that our visa doesnt need to be verified. We also ntried to use the website ur suggesting (traficoperu) but the terms and conditions outline that the tickets are only valid for peruvian residents.

Do u have any other alternative??

thank you

England
Level Contributor
234 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking Star Peru on-line

Hi,

I used traffico recently to book my internal flights for early April with no problem what so ever and I live in UK Worked out cheaper as well.

Chiclayo, Peru
Level Contributor
805 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking Star Peru on-line

TraficoPeru is saying your fares are only valid for Peruvian residents because you're trying to book a LAN flight. Choose a StarPeru flight (or TACA or Peruvian Airlines, whichever's cheaper) and you won't have that problem.

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,183 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking Star Peru on-line

maltabackpacker,

"Verified by Visa" is something you do online, not through your bank. They may not actually be aware of it. Some companies you purchase from may require it, not just Peruvian ones. I did it pretty quickly & easily online.

Regarding the LAN tickets:iIf you are using TraficoPeru to book your tickets, they should be able to book for you, even on LAN -- if they are booking "Base Plus," not "Base" tickets. You may have been speaking to someone who didn't really understand the intricacies of what they were doing. Maybe if you call again, you can get someone who can help.

Or buy TACA, Star Peru or Peruvian airline tickets.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
391 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking Star Peru on-line

Also planning a trip to Peru in May and have looked into Taca, etc. WhAt class of service should I purchase online? (v, x, q, etc...)

Thanks in advance.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
38 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking Star Peru on-line

I tried booking through their site and had the same issues. Even after I got my card set up for "veryfied by visa", the website kept dropping it each time I tried. I finally contacted their 1800 number, but they were so hard to understand. They gave me the number for their Miami office which was 786 242-7224. The fare was $174 each. I would have used Taca, but Star had more flexible times. The $126 price is a promational price you can only get through the web site, good luck with that.

Edited: 15 February 2010, 09:14
England
Level Contributor
234 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking Star Peru on-line

I corresponded with traffico via email and it worked very well and was easy.

Good luck