We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Nazca

Which Lima hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Loma Linda...
Level Contributor
65 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Bus to Nazca

I will be arriving in Lima at around 9 pm on a Saturday.

1.) Is there an overnight bus to Nazca so I can get there early in the

morning, do my Nazca line tour, freshen up at the hotel and sleep

for a few hours, then take the overnight bus to Cuzco. (Would like

to stay in Cuzco for a few days instead of wasting time in Nazca.)

Is this doable? Thanks in advance! -RUTH

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
848 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus to Nazca

us embassy comments (on their web page) on this:

The U.S. Embassy in Lima has put the tours over the Nazca Lines in Nazca, Peru, off-limits to its direct-hire personnel if the flights originate out of Nazca’s Maria Reiche Airport, due to potential safety hazards of small commercial aircraft based at that airport. Air tours operating out of the Ica or Pisco airports are not off limits. The Embassy is aware of at least 11 different airplane emergencies resulting in 17 deaths since December 2007, most recently in October 2010. Other incidents involving flights out of Nazca included emergency landings on the Pan American highway and the hijacking of a plane by unknown individuals.

UK web pages has similar caution

Edited: 10 August 2012, 13:22
Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
535 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus to Nazca

Check out the schedules for Cruz del Sur out of Lima to Nazca. I, too arrive late on a Saturday night in two weeks time. I am staying overnight in Lima, then getting a 7:00 am bus down the coast highway towards Nazca.

I am traveling as far as Paracas, near Ica. It is a four hour bus trip, as opposed to eight hours to Nazca. My plan is to overnight Sunday in Paracas, and fly from the Pisco airport nearby, arranged through the concierge of my hotel. It is a bit longer flight to get to the lines, but my round trip bus time will be less.

I have reservations on Cruz del Sur to return to Lima that Sunday afternoon. The bus companies do offer "first class" seats with frig etc.

Do a search under the Nazca forum and you will find all kinds of links. Good luck and have fun!!

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus to Nazca

Cruz Del Sur www.cruzdelsur.com.pe has a bus departing Lima at 3:45AM which would put you into Nazca around 10:30-11:00AM.

Loma Linda...
Level Contributor
65 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus to Nazca

Sailin-Thank you for your concern.

Marla-Thank you so much for all the information. I will be doing that. I know you will have fun in your trip. I will be leaving in September.

Jodokast-Thank you for the link.

One more question, if I go to the bus station from the airport (my plane arrives at 9pm) So I probobly be getting out of the airport at 1030pm and go straight to the bus station, is the bus station safe to wait for the 0345 am bus?

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus to Nazca

Ive only been in the Cruz Del Sur bus station but it was at 3AM and we found it totally safe. Its a fairly good sized building and theres a waiting area, bathrooms and even a little area that sells sandwiches and snacks. Its located on Javier Prado Este in Lima and theres other bus companies such as Ormeno, Tepsa, and Cial in that area too if youd rather shop around for a different departure when you get there. You can see them on this map...

maps.google.ca/maps…

Loma Linda...
Level Contributor
65 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus to Nazca

Jodokast-Thank you so much.

How much would the cab ride be from the air port to the station and how long is the cab ride?

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus to Nazca

I cant remember what we paid but we used the Green airport taxis which I think were a fixed rate. As for travel time I think it will depend on traffic but probably 30-45 minutes.

Loma Linda...
Level Contributor
65 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus to Nazca

Thank you so much!

9. Re: Bus to Nazca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 13:17