We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip to peru

Goa, India
Level Contributor
126 posts
449 reviews
Save Topic
trip to peru

I have 02 queries

1) Can any one suggest a place where one can watch the cultural show and have dinner in Lima city

2) we arrive 11 pm lima airport from BA and depart at 6 am by peruvian airlines to cusco at 6 am, would we be able to wait in the departure lounge instead of finding a hotel for 03 to 4 hours?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Lima City Tours
Lima City Tours
398 Reviews
Lima, Peru
Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,890 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip to peru

2) Yes you can wait in the departures area. My wife and I arrived at 2AM and hung out until our flight to Arequipa at 5AM. If I remember correctly the gates downstairs have benches without arms so you could actually lay down for a sleep but if you want access to food and whatnot you should probably hang out in the food court area.

Mentioned in this post
Arequipa
Arequipa
Arequipa Region, Peru
Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
119 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip to peru

For the dinner and show, you can go to Brisas del Titicaca (www.brisasdeltiticaca.com) or La Oficina (www.laoficinabarranco.com). Brisas is more touristy but with a better show, La Oficina is more informal, more for dancing and drinking.

Mentioned in this post
Brisas del Titicaca
Brisas del Titicaca
913 Reviews
Lima, Peru
california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip to peru

You should be able to get into the secure departure area 24/7 but the issue may be that Peruvian Airlines does not open their desk in the domestic terminal so you won't be able to check in or check luggage. If you don't have a boarding pass, you will need to stay land side, but there is a nice food court upstairs. There are also some massage places near the food court, not sure of the hours but they may be open because there are so many late night international arrivals.

There is also now a lounge in the domestic terminal but you need to get through to departures to use it.

Edited: 27 August 2012, 22:08
4. Re: trip to peru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2013, 10:16