We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traffic from Airport to Miraflores Sat Night & Sun Morning

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
196 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Traffic from Airport to Miraflores Sat Night & Sun Morning

My family and I are flying into Lima on a Saturday night in June at 9:45pm. We have a layover and depart the next morning (Sunday) at 9:15am. I had originally booked a hotel in Miraflores, but recently have been reconsidering because I heard about the horror stories of traffic driving to/from Miraflores. It seems like a waste to spend an hour driving there each way. However, it just occurred to me that Sat Night/Sunday morning may not be too bad with traffic? Can anyone agree or disagree with that statement? I would imaging that we'd be leaving the airport around 11pm on a Saturday night and then departing again around 6 or 7am (??) on a Sunday morning. (We should already have our boarding pass and our luggage should still be checked.) Will traffic possibly still be bad at those times??

Thanks!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
228 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traffic from Airport to Miraflores Sat Night & Sun Morning

I've done the trip several times and it's normally between 45min to an hour on average. Sunday would normally be the day with the least amount of traffic going that direction but traffic is hard to predict. If you leave early enough, that really shouldn't be a problem.

However if you don't intend to go out or visit, it might be better to just stay at the airport and save the hassle...

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traffic from Airport to Miraflores Sat Night & Sun Morning

Anything is possible for Lima traffic...you never know if a road race, festival or other special event is going to bung things up somewhere along the way.

Even on a Sunday I allow 45 to an hour. Saturday night I think is pretty busy since people party late.

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
594 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traffic from Airport to Miraflores Sat Night & Sun Morning

During the times you mention on the days you mention the trip will be 40 minutes at the most. You need not worry.

Peak traffic is from 7 - 9 AM in the morning and 5 - 9 PM in the evening.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traffic from Airport to Miraflores Sat Night & Sun Morning

Except for the Sunday I was trying to get back from Caral when it took us an hour and a half just to get from the airport area to near the Sheraton, thanks to a procession (Señor de los Milagros) as well as some kind of food festival.

We had to turn around and go all the way back to Callao just to be able to cross the Rimac.

5. Re: Traffic from Airport to Miraflores Sat Night & Sun Morning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Lima