We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
249 posts
1 review
Save Topic
1/2 day in Lima, need help

Family of 4 with 16 & 8 yr boys. Stopping in Lima for 12 hours on our way from Cusco to Miami on August 21st, Wednesday. Here is our plan. Out flight arrives in Lima at 1:20pm and departs for Miami at 1:05am.

Renato of Taxilimaperu.com will pick us up from Airport aound 2pm and be with us till end.

Go to Huaca Pucllana and visit 1-2 hours.

Go to Historic Center of Lima and visit 1-2 hours.

Go to Magic Water Circuit by 6:30pm to catch 7:15pm show.

Go back to Airport by 9pm.

Are we packing too much for 1/2 day?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
248 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1/2 day in Lima, need help

It sounds do-able to me. If you need to cut time, I'd do it on the downtown portion. Be aware that traffic from the Magic Water Circuit to the airport will be heavy, especially around the water park, so be sure to allow yourself enough time. If your flight is at 1 am, you really don't need to be at the airport until 10 pm.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,592 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1/2 day in Lima, need help

I suggest you do the Larco museum as part of your visit.

It also has a great restaurant and the place is close to the airport.

Maybe do this instead of Huaca Pucllana.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1/2 day in Lima, need help

I would go to the Plaza de Armas first, since many of the sites close early. They will probably enjoy the visit to the catacombs at the San Francisco Monastery.

I think I might be inclined to drop Huaca Pucllana especially if you are coming from Cusco already. You might be able to see a few sights around the Plaza de Armas instead.

You can really go anytime after it is dark to the water fountains, the show is just a small part of it (and a bit cheesey in my opinion).

Perhaps add in a quick stop in Miraflores at the 'Love Park' on the way back.

4. Re: 1/2 day in Lima, need help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2014, 07:18