We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

passport number

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
passport number

Do we have to give our passport number to make reservations?

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: passport number

Do we have to give passport numbers to make reservations for Macchu picchu?to our travel agent? I am not feeling comfortable to do so.can some one answers?thx.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
565 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: passport number

Budgettravel, I have the same question. Hotels have asked me and tour operators. The one I really was confused was when I asked my hotel to make reservation for a RESTAURANT in Lima, and they said they needed our passport numbers to make the reservation????????

Can someone help us in explaining if this is the norm in Peru?

Thanks

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,627 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: passport number

Its just to ensure that the person claiming the reservation is the same that reserve the place.

Giving a passport number is not a great problem, its just a number.

It would be different if the were asking for you CC number

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
565 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: passport number

xochitl, thank you for your reply. Do we need to bring our passport to the restaurants, just like we do for M.P. ?

Thank you

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
15,800 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: passport number

In our 2 weeks never needed it at a restaurant. You did need it at MP.

And remember all your hotels end up with the number because they copy your passport at check in. It's common in many countries, not only Peru and not a big deal.

Edited: 10 October 2013, 03:22
california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: passport number

It is treated as your ID number and you may as well memorize it since you will be using it virtually every time you sign up or in.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
565 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: passport number

Hi all, well you all know the saying, " When in Rome you do as the Romans" so when in Peru, we do like the Peruvians . We memorize our passport number.

Thank you for clearing all doubts and easing our minds.

Thank you

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
671 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: passport number

To book and buy the entrance to Machu Picchu, you can do your www.machupicchu.gob.pe directly without travel.

9. Re: passport number

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2014, 06:19