We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 hours in Lima

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
114 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
10 hours in Lima

I'll be spending 2.5 days in Cusco before my trek to Machu Picchu ..my flight leaves after midnight from Lima..I will have a one night stay in Cusco after the trek. Should i take an earlier flight to Lima and spend the day in Lima? Will 10 hours give me enough time to see Lima or would i be better off staying in Cusco for most of the day and taking a late flight to Lima? What should i do with 10 hours in Lima ?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
207 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 hours in Lima

Since you have a midnight flight, it is better to take an earlier flight. It is just an insurance in case your flight get delayed or such. If you don't need to worry about catching the international flight, I definitely recommend to spend time in Cusco than Lima.. Cusco is much more interesting than Lima. Too bad..

If you spend 10 hours in Lima, please go to Historic Center of Lima, which is UNESCO World Heritage. Go to Cathedral (Pizarro's tomb) and catacombs in Church of San Francisco. These two are the must to enter. Walk around Government Palace and Plaza de Armas, and etc.

Then go to Larco Museum before heading to the airport. This place is also the must see. The museum opens very late and you can spend time very safely at night. If you need a taxi, they will call for you.

Also, please don't forget to go to one of the great restaurants in Lima. The foods in Lima are amazing! There is a beautiful restaurant in Larco museum, but I strongly recommend you to have a great dining experience in Lima.

I should say you don't need to bother going to Miraflores unless you go to a restaurant. Have a nice trip!

Edited: 10 February 2014, 07:41
Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
548 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 hours in Lima

Yeah, might interesting for you to see a little of the city visit a museum and have a nice lunch or supper (I reccomend lunch) About museums I'd also reccomend the Archeological museum in the district of Pueblo Libre not far from this musseum there is a restaurant "El Bolivariano" where you can have a great meal at good price.

Upon arrival to Lima you should take care of two things: boarding passes and Luggage. If you are going to travel using Lan airlines you can check your luggage upon arrival and get your boardings passes at the same time, i f you are using other airline check your luggage at the luggage check (is outside the nationals exit) You can always get you boardings passes online the day before coming to Lima, but this is a must.

For transportation take taxi green, go to the kiosk and not contact directly with the taxis walking aroud you they are very anoying. For the way back take and official taxi, the musseum perssonel or the restaurant can help you on this.

Hope this helps

Luis.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 hours in Lima

Another vote for the Larco Museum!

San Diego...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 hours in Lima

I would recommend contacting Jhony at www.limacitytour.net. He is an English-speaking tour guide and knows the city inside and out. He will customize the tour to fit your needs and interests. There is a lot to see and do in Lima - it is a cosmopolitan city with lots of history - and Jhony can give you a Lima experience like only a local can do. I suggest you contact Lima City Tour.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 hours in Lima

I would race down to miraflores and spend the day there, surf or paraglide.

6. Re: 10 hours in Lima

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 06:17