We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi from lima airport to 10 miles out

singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
taxi from lima airport to 10 miles out

what kind of price sans the 'white tax' should we expect for a 10 mile ride form the airport...is there a better taxi price if you walk outside the airport?

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,377 posts
504 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi from lima airport to 10 miles out

Use a Green Taxi. fares are published and it is your best and safest bet.

Going outside the airport will certainly be cheaper but you would be risking a lot, specially if you arrive at night time.

The fare to Miraflores is 50 soles, and its about the distance you are talking about.

Juaners
Level Contributor
17 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi from lima airport to 10 miles out

It is silly for you not to use a registered taxi or use what we used, Peruvian Shuttle. From LIM to Miraflores we paid $22 dollars for a private transfer in a sedan. No issues! To be honest, as we walked out of immigration at the airport, it was overwhelming by seeing so many people and I was tired. I chose to book ahead of time and have someone meet us inside as I did not want to stand in another line so late at night. I highly recommend booking ahead of time or following Xocthill's advice. When were were in the city, we negotiated fares and had no issues.

3. Re: taxi from lima airport to 10 miles out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 June 2014, 16:05
4. Re: taxi from lima airport to 10 miles out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 07:16