We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four weeks itinerary ?

Which Lima hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle UK
Level Contributor
167 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Four weeks itinerary ?

HI, I am 29 year old male - planning to arrive in Lima late Sept this year and have four weeks before doing the Inca Trail. What ideas do forum members have about how to spend this month ?

I will be travelling I alone, using buses etc ........ All ideas appreciated. Happy to consider independent travel and more organised tours! Thanks !

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Four weeks itinerary ?

Four weeks is great time. You should not miss a few days in the jungle, in Iquitos. You can fly from Lima really cheap. You can also do small day tours to Paracas and to Nazca to see the Islas Ballestas and Nazca lines respectively. Cuzco itself is worth a few days to tour the ruins and markets around if you are into that. Peru has so many landmarks and so many different things depending on your taste. Let us know if you are more into nature, history etc.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13,807 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Four weeks itinerary ?

Lake Titicaca, Colca Canyon, Ollantaytambo and Pisac and the rest of the Sacred Valley, Cusco, the Amaozn jungle. You have a lot of time and a lot of options.

newcastle UK
Level Contributor
167 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Four weeks itinerary ?

Thanks for these ideas. It is my first time to South America so all ideas appreciated. I will be travelling on my own so any help re possible itineraries and transport appareciated.

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Four weeks itinerary ?

if you are into hiking and the season is suitable then the area around Huaraz is amazing. day or long trips possible.

Spending a few days around the colca canyon is worthwhile and easily organised independently to get the most out of it.

ballestas islands are worth seeing. but paracas is not a great place to hang around.

5. Re: Four weeks itinerary ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2015, 05:17