We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying Lima-> Cuzco in early Sept. Airline help

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
109 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Flying Lima-> Cuzco in early Sept. Airline help

Hello,

We need to fly from Lima -> Cuzco in early September. What is the best/cheapest airlines? I would like to avoid LAN since they are much more expensive.

Right now we are seeing fairs $200-$250/per person round trip on airlines like StarPeru. Is that considered reasonable?

Also-- can someone please reassure me that these smaller/regional airlines all still fly out of Lima's international airport (Jorge Chávez International Airport)?

Thank you!

Jane

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying Lima-> Cuzco in early Sept. Airline help

LAN is the most reputable airline here in Peru; but there are other, cheaper options: Taca, Star Peru and Peruvian Airlines. And yes all of them fly out of Jorge Chavez International Airport.

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
594 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying Lima-> Cuzco in early Sept. Airline help

LAN and Avianca are the best airlines, Avianca offer reasonable pricing. Star Peru and Pervian Airlines are also available!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
848 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying Lima-> Cuzco in early Sept. Airline help

we flew taca with no problems

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
109 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying Lima-> Cuzco in early Sept. Airline help

What about Star Peru? -- it seems to be ~$100 cheaper then the rest... Avianca and Taca are the same company

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,644 posts
512 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying Lima-> Cuzco in early Sept. Airline help

Taca is now Avianca, as they were purchased by them.

Lan is the other international airlines flying with in Peru.

Star and Peruvian airlines are local companies and offer lower priced tickets but have less frequent flights to Cusco and other destinations.

Jorge Chavez is the only airport in Lima and all flights, local or International fly from it.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
109 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying Lima-> Cuzco in early Sept. Airline help

i ended up getting flights from Star -- our flight leaves from Lima at 6:50am -- when should we realistically get to the airport? I would like to assume the standard 1 hour should be plenty that early....

7. Re: Flying Lima-> Cuzco in early Sept. Airline help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 05:15