We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lima Weather in September and Ballestas Islands

Natick...
Level Contributor
20 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Lima Weather in September and Ballestas Islands

Hello,

We are thinking about visiting Lima in September. I read about a mist called garua. Can anyone explain what this? We are thinking of doing a cycling tour. Is the weather likely to spoil or prevent this? My husband suffers from motion sickness. Is there a boat trip to the Ballestas Islands that involves a slower boat or perhaps something a little larger that would be more stable? Any suggestions would be much appreciated as the wildlife looks amazing. Thank you.

Britgirl

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,388 posts
505 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lima Weather in September and Ballestas Islands

september 23rd is the start of Sping. Warmer weather and no garua (very light rain). You wont even get wet. Limenos do not even own umbrellas or rain gear.

Only one type of boat goes to the Ballestas. I also suffer from motion sickness but did well on the tour, unless you see a rough surf.

Natick...
Level Contributor
20 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lima Weather in September and Ballestas Islands

Thank you so much for your reply. You have helped me make my decision! This is a surprise trip for my husband and we are just planning to visit the Lima area as there appears to be lots to do. If you have any museum or historical recommendations please let me know. I would like to make the most of our 5 days in Lima and experience the culture, the people and the history. Thanks again.

Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lima Weather in September and Ballestas Islands

Garua is a kind of very soft rain, almost just humidity no so bad, anyway in september probably not an issue, because winter is almost gone

Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lima Weather in September and Ballestas Islands

Garua is a kind of very soft rain, almost just humidity no so bad, anyway in september probably not an issue, because winter is almost gone. Check www.limaeasy.com and if you want a local taste and love food try Mistura largest food festival in latam, it is in sept but 1 wk so depend when you will be here

5. Re: Lima Weather in September and Ballestas Islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2015, 05:15