We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ballestas Islands

Which Lima hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
89 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Ballestas Islands

Hello, I wonder if anybody could tell me how to go about visiting these islands ? I will be in Lima for a few days and would love to do this day trip but have read so many different types of trip Im not sure where to start .

Many thanks.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,678 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ballestas Islands

It's a long way from Lima (about 4 hours drive). Boats leave from the pier about 9 am. So, you need a bus or private transfer and an overnight stop.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ballestas Islands

www.cruzdelsur.com.pe has a bus which departs Lima around 4AM which will put you in Paracas just in time and when my wife and I did it back in 2010 www.zarcilloconnections.com had a booth right at the CDS bus stop in Paracas where you could sign up for the boat tour on the spot. You may want to contact them to be sure this is still an option.

london
Level Contributor
89 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ballestas Islands

Sounds very achievable. many thanks.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ballestas Islands

Ballestas tour boats depart daily in 2 schedukes; 8 am and 10 am

Ica, Peru
Level Contributor
920 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ballestas Islands

The 10 AM is often unavailable due to the weather and ocean conditions.

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ballestas Islands

You would have to go to paracas, which is where Islas are. You can only go in the morning. Around 8 (or 9 I believe) is when the tours usually start and end around 10 or so. You can by bus which is around 4 hours from LIMA. I recommend Cruz del sur. If you plan to stay the night in paracas, I highly recommend the hotel El amigo. Service is superb, the owner will explain everything you need to do to get there and he will tell you how to go about getting tickets and all

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ballestas Islands

I used the same agency as JodoKast last year (Zarcillo), they are right at the bus station.

However I went down on a later bus, in time for the tour to the Paracas peninsula, where you can have lunch at the fisherman's beach, then spent the night, and took the boat tour the following morning (8 am, not 9 although probably there will be some leaving late).

I didn't care for Zarcillo's lodging but the tour was fine, good boat, good guide (the daughter). They may charge a bit more than if you go down into town to bargain but it was less than 10 soles difference.

United States
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ballestas Islands

Well from Lima it´s about 4 hours with a private transport if you want a full day then visit Ballestas Islands and then visit Paracas Reserve which is one of the most important reserves of Peru.

I will suggest to stay two days, first day make a short stop to the vineyards so you can learn the history and how to make vines and Pisco. Then visit to the natural lagoon of Huacachina where you can do sanboarding. You can spend the night in Huacachina hotel.

The next day go to Ballestas Islands and Paracas Reserve.

9. Re: Ballestas Islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 07:16