We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time in SV

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
207 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Time in SV

Trying to create an itinerary and was wondering if 7 days in the SV/Cuzco area is too much or not enough time (including 2 day visit to MP with one night in AC. For example:

3 days Urubamba

2 days in MP

2 days in Cuzco

What do you think?

austin, texas
Level Contributor
580 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time in SV

That's what we did recently and thought it worked well. Keep in mind that the altitutde may hit you hard on your first day in the SV...so I wouldn't plan on doing much, which leaves you just 2 full days (which I think, if carefully planned, is still ok). I think you should plan to leave MP early on your day of departure (rather than waiting until the afternoon). If you leave the SV in the morning for MP, you will have 1.5 days at MP, which I think is just enough. I actually found Cusco to be a bit dissappointing after having been through the SV. But, I think 2 days is a common amount of time to stay there.

So, all in all, I think your itinerary looks great...just think about how and when you travel between destinations to avoid losing large chunks of daylight in transit.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
165 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time in SV

youre itinerary looks pretty good, last night i went for only 3 days and i had to take 1 day for MP, 1 day for SV and 1 day for city tour. too short. you should go for it, it look like a nice schedule and that gives you time to go to the clubs and get together with tourists and locals. my tour was too short and after all day walking and visiting different places, we were very tired to go to the clubs.

new york
Level Contributor
716 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Time in SV

Hi,

I'm also thinking of spending a few days in Urubamba to explore the SV.

Are there any tours of the SV from there? I do not plan on renting a car so the question is - how can one see the sites?

Thanks.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
10,918 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Time in SV

Agree this sounds great..we spent 4 nights in Urubamba had first afternoon to acclimatize and then another 3 full days for touring.. lots to see there also 2 days for MP we got in on early train and left following day on afternoon train then drove that evening to Cuzco.. also agree Cuzco bit of a let down after MP but we quite enjoyed the city itself .

To other poster in SV you can get your hotel to arrange a driver/guide or you can ride the small collectivo bus from one town to another. would not hire a car!!!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
207 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Time in SV

Thanks everybody. I feel really good about this now.

6. Re: Time in SV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 19:16