We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide/Driver for hire recommendations

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
48 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Guide/Driver for hire recommendations

We're headed to Cusco and the Sacred Valley towards the end of September and was thinking that we may want to hire a guide/driver to shuttles us around(2 people).

Our plan is to be in Cusco for 4 days and have the driver deliver us to our hotel in Olly on the 4th day.

Anyone have recommendations?

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,520 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guide/Driver for hire recommendations

Sacredtransport@gmail.com

Mail Carmela.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
48 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guide/Driver for hire recommendations

Thank you!

Houston, Texas, USA
Level Contributor
11 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guide/Driver for hire recommendations

Xochitl, can I ask you why you are recommending sacredtransport@gmail.com? I tried to find your post where you shared your experiences with them, but no luck-- any chance you can post the link here? I've seen you recommend them in multiple posts but would like to know exactly why?

Thanks!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
48 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guide/Driver for hire recommendations

I emailed out a few 'tour operator', the one listed above who hasn't responded yet and 3 others. One came back to me with a $250 per day rate. Not exactly sure but this seems to be a bit more than I was expecting.

Houston, Texas, USA
Level Contributor
11 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guide/Driver for hire recommendations

Ya Tony, same here. Seems like one should definitely be able to get a good driver with a reasonable car for around 160 soles for a half-day with stops, maybe 220 soles or so for a full-day. If you are staying at any guesthouses or B&B's, they should have a trusty and recommended driver that they use and will vouch for-- we're going to be staying at a small nice place in Ollanta and they hooked us up with their driver (although maybe a bit less costly since I don't think this guy speaks English). Better prices and no worries about having to hassle with taxis at airports and so forth. Of course the JW Marriott and so forth are going to gouge you just like anywhere else.

Edited: 11 August 2014, 20:33
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guide/Driver for hire recommendations

I can recommend an excellent driver. His name is Oscar Guevara. We used him recently for 2 days around Cusco and Sacred Valley and were really happy with him. He was very knowledgable and quite reasonably priced. He has worked in the tourism industry for some years before setting up his own business. His email address is: gascorth@hotmail.co.uk

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
48 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Guide/Driver for hire recommendations

BrisbaneWendy thank you! We're still collecting information and may be changing our Cusco plans as we still have a few more weeks before our departure.

8. Re: Guide/Driver for hire recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 05:16