We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to do with items purchased before the inca hike

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
90 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
what to do with items purchased before the inca hike

Hi all!! I have a question in regards to any items I may buy before the Inca hike. I have read taht you can leave bags with the hotels where i have been staying, but I'm just concerned about all the momentos/gifts i buy being left with a hotel while i am hiking. I dont care about my stuff, just really the gifts i may buy for friends being stolen.

Has anyone been in this situation? Any good or bad experiences with this.

The reason I ask is because I only have a day when I come back from my hike.

Thanks!

louisville, ky
Level Contributor
129 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to do with items purchased before the inca hike

I had no problem at all. We just left our bags in our room the morning we left for the trail, and when we returned they were brought back. Everyone who does the trail stores the bags at their hotel, and I never heard of a problem.

They would not be interested in the gifts you bought anyway, as this stuff is sold there everywhere.

Fox Island...
Level Contributor
610 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to do with items purchased before the inca hike

The hostal we stayed at in Cusco had a special secure room where guests checked their luggage while on tours. They tagged each bag and gave us a claim ticket for each one. I used luggage locks on everything just to be safe but everything was fine when we got back. Everyone does this so don't worry about it.

3. Re: what to do with items purchased before the inca hike

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 14:20