We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September & Air Conditioning

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
109 posts
11 reviews
September & Air Conditioning

I am noticing that some of the more high end hotels such as Inkaterra & Suqmac do not have Air Conditioning in the rooms. Whereas some mid range hotels such as Tierra Vista do have A/C units. That seems backyards to me, that the most expensive hotels in MP do not have AC, but the cheaper ones do (some). Considering a more expensive hotel as a treat for a anniversary gift, but having hard time coming to grip with paying close $500-800 a night and not having AC.

We're from the US, deep South so AC is a necessity.

We are traveling in mid September, do I need AC. The historical temps for that time of year is 68F/39F which is pretty wide swing. We will be there for several days as well so we may spend little more time coming and going from our hotel room.

Experience and options welcomed.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
5,106 posts
135 reviews
1. Re: September & Air Conditioning

Personally I have never needed air-conditioning in Cusco, Aguas Calientes does get a little warmer, but I still would not see a need for AC in Aguas Calientes.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,326 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: September & Air Conditioning

You will be in Aguas Calientes for Several days?

Most people only stay there for 1-2 days. I see it could be a very relaxing place, but besides MP there is not much else to see or do there.

Yorktown, Virginia
Level Contributor
6,183 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: September & Air Conditioning

You will NOT need air conditioning in Cusco or Machu Picchu (Aguas Calientes) in September.

You should, however, bring rain gear & at least a lightweight fleece. You will be more likely to be too cold rather than too warm! The high temperatures you cite are the high for the day - noon on a sunny day. Evening temperatures will likely be down to the 40s (or lower) once the sun sets.

We stayed at the Inkaterra in Aguas Calientes (very nice!) and ran the room heaters at night. Also used room heaters in Cusco.

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
109 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: September & Air Conditioning

Great thanks for the good advise all.

Moscow, Russia
5 posts
5. Re: September & Air Conditioning

I often do not have enough Denver comfort air on vacation. Air conditioners are established by the company http://www.summitheatingco.com/. And it's hard to get used to hot and dry air in Cusco or Machu Picchu (Aguas Calientes). However, I do not think that this is so critical in September.

6. Re: September & Air Conditioning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2018, 05:17