We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Macchu picchu entrance tickets

Irvine, California
3 posts
1 review
Macchu picchu entrance tickets

Hi,

We’re headed to Cusco next week and was wondering if we could just purchase our Macchu picchu tickets there? I have read we needed to purchase but also read you can purchase the day before you go to MP in Cusco. Don’t want to not buy a ticket in advance if it’s all sold out. Also, where can i buy it on the internet if needed.

Thanks in advance!

25 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
17,729 posts
118 reviews
1. Re: Macchu picchu entrance tickets

This is the official government site for buying tickets.

www.machupicchu.gob.pe/

There are lots of agents online that can buy the tickets for you if you have trouble with the site. It doesn't work for everyone. You can also ask your hotel to buy them. This time of year basic MP entrance tickets probably won't sell out as it's not high season. My guess is you could get them a day ahead if you want. I'm not sure where the ticket office is if you wanted to buy in person. The price is the same so if your date is fixed, not sure why you wouldn't buy them in advance to save an extra trip to buy tickets.

Seattle
Level Contributor
9 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Macchu picchu entrance tickets

According to Rough Guide Peru, tickets can be purchased at the INC in Machu Picchu Pueblo or in Cuscoopposite the Stadium at Condonimio Huascár 238 (Monday - Saturday 7am-7:30).

Irvine, California
3 posts
1 review
3. Re: Macchu picchu entrance tickets

Thank you!

Irvine, California
3 posts
1 review
4. Re: Macchu picchu entrance tickets

Thank you for the help. The hotel idea is great one!

5. Re: Macchu picchu entrance tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 November 2017, 16:35

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
9 posts
51 reviews
6. Re: Macchu picchu entrance tickets

When I went, tickets were sold out for the following three months. I would try to see if you could go with a tour group in advance online so you don't show up and get very disappointed.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
17,729 posts
118 reviews
7. Re: Macchu picchu entrance tickets

There are a lot of basic entrance tickets to MP. It would be pretty odd to be sold out for three months in advance. Perhaps you were looking at the Inca Trail or trying to climb Huayana Picchu which are more limited? Or dealing with a travel agency that wasn't being honest with you?

Sydney, Australia
1 post
8. Re: Macchu picchu entrance tickets

Hi i was looking at going in February until i found out that they are closed for the whole month of February, so i thought i would go in January but on the website http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/ it says zero availability for every day yet December has 3000 spots for each day is this because they haven't released them? sorry to take over your post

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
296 posts
29 reviews
9. Re: Macchu picchu entrance tickets

from what I've read in this forum, the 2018 tickets are released sometime in December. It seems like there is not a clear answer what date in December they are released so I would check the site daily in December.

10. Re: Macchu picchu entrance tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2018, 17:57

Reply to: Macchu picchu entrance tickets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted