We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water??

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
423 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Water??

I have read in a few posts that you are not supposed to take food and water onto the site - surely this can't be right can it?

5 replies to this topic
Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
718 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Water??

Water you can obviously take. I even took some snacks and nobody told me anything. What you cant is bring lunch, juices, and so on

Edited: 09 December 2017, 15:10
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
423 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water??

Thank you. One of the posts I read was that you couldn't take water in plastic bottles

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
17,587 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water??

You can take a plastic water bottle in. Just carry the trash out.

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
9,092 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Water??

welcome,

the idea is to minimize or eliminate the trash/litter people will bring with them.

Water is necessary. Im sure if you have some snacks, they aren't going to do much, but again, the idea is trash/litter.

good luck.

Level Contributor
48 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water??

We took water and some snacks and didn't see any notice asking us not to. There are no trash bins inside the ruins so we just needed to make sure to bring all the trash back and throw them in trash bins outside the entrance.

Here are some details about our trip from this summer and some tips about traveling to Peru, if you are interested in checking it out.

http://www.kidsontrips,com/

Reply to: Water??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted