We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which tour companies offer 2D/1N w Hotel on the Inca Trail

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
39 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Which tour companies offer 2D/1N w Hotel on the Inca Trail

Without having to go through each site, does anyone know which companies to contact for a 2day/1night with Hotel Inca trail tour? I've searched quite a few and am not finding it listed. Do I have to call to clarify? We don't want a private tour, would like a small group. Please help save me the click-work!

8 replies to this topic
Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which tour companies offer 2D/1N w Hotel on the Inca Trail

I can remember that our company had something like this like a hike on the first day, stay in Aguas Calientes and go up to the Machu Picchu on the second day. Is that what you are searching for? Might check exploorperu, but I recommend you to make your booking in advance, as they told us to do so like 6 months in advance, more in case you want to go in high season.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
39 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which tour companies offer 2D/1N w Hotel on the Inca Trail

Thx I should have clarified - we do Not want to hike but to take the train & bus up to MP.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
17,587 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which tour companies offer 2D/1N w Hotel on the Inca Trail

You said in your OP you want the Inca Trail.That's hiking. The 2d/1n Inca trail is basically a day hike into MP. You arrive in the late afternoon and bus down to Agua Calientes, stay overnight in a hotel, then go back to the site on day two to visit it. Is that what you want or do you want to visit by train, which is not the Inca Trail?

If you want visit by train, every hotel in Agua Calientes can offer this. I would look at hotel reviews and pick a hotel you like and let them schedule the tour if you want to do a tour.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
39 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which tour companies offer 2D/1N w Hotel on the Inca Trail

Thx Wes. So if we go through local hotels do we get our own passes or do they? Is it difficult to communicate with local hotels - language & electronic connectivity? We were going to book with a tour company - any advantage to that? Much more $$?

Warwickshire...
Level Contributor
255 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which tour companies offer 2D/1N w Hotel on the Inca Trail

Alpaca Expeditions offer this

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
17,587 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which tour companies offer 2D/1N w Hotel on the Inca Trail

I had no trouble communicating with any of the local hotels. It was easy to find ones with email addresses on their website and almost all of them responded promptly to our emails in English. thousands of English speaking visitors stay in the area every day. All the hotels are used to tourists and basic requests like going to Machu Picchu and are happy to help out. They arrange all have tour desks and arrange this kind of stuff every day.

The advantage to the tour company is they just handle everything. All you've got to do is pick one and show up. The disadvantage to a tour company is you're stuck with their itinerary, which may or may not include shopping stops or other things you don't want to do. And you go at their pace. And a hotel isn't going to run off with your money. You pretty much know where they are and you can read lots of hotel reviews on tripadvisor. Whereas tour companies are harder to research.

7. Re: Which tour companies offer 2D/1N w Hotel on the Inca Trail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2018, 12:05
Edited: 19 June 2018, 12:05

8. Re: Which tour companies offer 2D/1N w Hotel on the Inca Trail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2018, 12:05

Reply to: Which tour companies offer 2D/1N w Hotel on the Inca Trail
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted