We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recharging batteries on Inca Trail

El Segundo...
Level Contributor
81 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Recharging batteries on Inca Trail

On day 3 of the Inca Trail, I think we go by a hotel. Does anyone know if they allow people to plug in their battery charger there?

Mentioned in this post
Inca Trail
Inca Trail
1,950 Reviews
Machu Picchu, Peru
Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,660 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recharging batteries on Inca Trail

Its just a small hostal where you can shower, drink a beer and buy some supplies.

I would guess you can also recharge your batteries but I am not absolutely sure.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
154 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recharging batteries on Inca Trail

We bought an extra battery to bring along for our trip (we're not doing the Inca Trail though). If you have a digital camera, if you keep the LCD display off it saves you a lot of battery power.

Mentioned in this post
Inca Trail
Inca Trail
1,950 Reviews
Machu Picchu, Peru
Fox Island...
Level Contributor
610 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recharging batteries on Inca Trail

It's not a hotel, it's a bar with a restaurant and some pay showers. It's very crowded and you will need to sit next to your charger so it doesn't get stolen. Be careful with the wiring around there, the shower I used had exposed wires attached to the shower head, I think for heating the water. Take spare batteries. When I was there the bar played Asian Techno music very loud until midnight so take earplugs.

4. Re: Recharging batteries on Inca Trail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 06:26