We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Macchu Picchu in November?

Which Machu Picchu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stuggi
Level Contributor
93 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Going to Macchu Picchu in November?

Hi there,

as you might know, due to my other posts in the forum, we are planning to go to Macchu Picchu in November. QUestion is if November is a good time for that? According to a book i have June is the best time.

Hola, estamos planeando irnos a Peru, Macchu Picchu en Noviembre, es una epoca adecuada pues por lo que veo Junio es el mejor tiempo?

Gracias, thanks

Sam

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
9,660 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Macchu Picchu in November?

What makes a "good time?" June may be "best," but of course that attracts huge crowds. I'd rather deal with a little rain than hordes of people.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Macchu Picchu in November?

I was just in MP this past November and found it to be a great time of year. I had expected hoards of people but I was looking through my photos yesterday and I was surprised that several of my photos do not have a single person in them. I prefer to travel to a destination when there are fewer people.

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
937 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Macchu Picchu in November?

We just did the Inca Trail this past November with Lllama Path and it was a great time to go. Although it is the beginning of rainy season we did not encounter much rain at all.

4. Re: Going to Macchu Picchu in November?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 17:22