We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

storage lockers at MP?

Colorado
Level Contributor
241 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
storage lockers at MP?

I have looked through past posts, as I know this has been asked before, but can't find the specific mention of where you can store stuff right on the grounds of MP, if you don't want to leave it at your hotel.

I don't want to carry around all my toiletries and other non-essentials while I'm at MP, and also don't want to take the time to go back to my hotel to pick it all up in AC.

So, is there some place outside of the MP entrance where you can stuck something for the day to lighten your load?

thanks,

Charlotte

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Peru
Level Contributor
5,389 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: storage lockers at MP?

Not lockers, just a storage service right before the entrance. I think it costs 5 soles.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294311-i818-k4207…

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,183 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: storage lockers at MP?

As I recall, it's just after the entrance gates. The area is much like a coat check at a club -- there are staffers manning the booth. You pay the money (I think 5 soles is right) and then you are given a numbered ticket to present when you want to retrieve your stuff. Your items should be secure (though I still would never check anything of value anywhere).

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Peru
Level Contributor
5,389 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: storage lockers at MP?

Thanks redhead! Actually I think that there were two luggage storage services, before and after the gates (back when I went in August). And this blog says so as well: runawaybrit.com/2011/…

I remember the outside storage booth the most because it was very busy.

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,183 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: storage lockers at MP?

We came in off the Inca Trail, through the Sun Gate -- so we never saw any storage lockers outside!

5. Re: storage lockers at MP?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 10:16