We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

machu pichu and Nasca in 4 days

Which Machu Picchu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
19 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
machu pichu and Nasca in 4 days

Im planning to do machu pichu and nasca in 4 days, I need to know what I must see of both? also know the fastest way to go without spending a fortune thank you in advance.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: machu pichu and Nasca in 4 days

In 4 days you can go only to Machu Picchu

To go to Nasca you will need 2 days at least if you want to do the fly over

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Peru
Level Contributor
5,252 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: machu pichu and Nasca in 4 days

Just do MP. It's going to be rushed and almost impossible to include Nasca in your trip, and when you get to Cusco you will want to see and do a lot of things that will make you regret not having enough time.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
444 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: machu pichu and Nasca in 4 days

Too much to cover and not reccommendable. Nazca Lines are one of the more expensive excursions you can do in Peru and there's not really a budget way to do them either as the flights are expensive. 3 nights/4 days in Cusco and Machu Picchu will still be rushed but you can at least cover the main highlights if you devote the entire time there.

Better to forget about the Nazca Lines as others suggested above.

Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: machu pichu and Nasca in 4 days

it is better spend this 4 days in Machupichu -cusco

and like my Frien Gringo said is true it is expensive and just take 35 minutes of Fly and 15 minutes of introduction ...About the Tour just like this kind of Tour you can add little bit more money and you visit Machupichu and sacred Valle and city tour and if you have more time Maras Moray

:)

Colorado
Level Contributor
209 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: machu pichu and Nasca in 4 days

I flew over the lines a couple of weeks ago. They are not as represented in all the photos where they look very distinct. What you mostly see are lots of the trapezoidal and straight lines. The interesting figures are very hard to make out from the air. You spend a lot of precious seconds focusing here and there thinking the figures will be "in your face" , but by the time you see them you have nanoseconds to realize what your looking at. And photos don't do anything... You can't see them that clearly, period

Most of what you see is erosion that has displaced much of the scenery. Let's face it...the lines are between 2500 and 3500 years old, so they are degrading and what you see in photos on websites are greatly enhanced and look better than the real thing

Now, after all of that I'm still glad I did it, despite great hardship of bus riding, and big expense. Not exactly worth it for everyone. Just consider how important it is to you, and expect it to be kinda disappointing

Charlotte

Level Contributor
19 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: machu pichu and Nasca in 4 days

Thanks for your posts. I think Im going to pass on Nazca lines this time. So Machu pichu is the one. Any special advice on do's and Don'ts there? Thank you so much again?

7. Re: machu pichu and Nasca in 4 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 23:16