We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Company: Continental Getaways

Which Machu Picchu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Desert Hills, AZ
Level Contributor
1 post
60 reviews
Save Topic
Tour Company: Continental Getaways

Has anyone heard of this company or used them? Continenal Getaways. They are based in LA. I can only find limited info on this company and the only reviews I can find are on their site.

This is for travel to Machu Picchu and seveal other areas.

Thanks for any info.

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Company: Continental Getaways

Overall our booking experience was very good. Everything was straight forward - which is what you want when booking online. No problems experienced with the flight, hotel or transport from airport to accommodation. Paperwork was clear and understandable. Have used Continental Getaways before. Prefer the old style of payment per room rather than per person. However, understand that is the way bookings are now made. Totally satisfied with this holiday booked through Continental Getaways.

Hilda

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Company: Continental Getaways

Question, why use an LA based company to book a trip to Peru? You could do much better planning the trip yourself and most likely save yourself some money in the process. Orbitz is a good place to book your round trip tickets to Lima. I would recommend Star Peru for the flight from Lima to Cusco and back and the rest is easily done through any number of tour companies here in Cusco. Tell me the number of days you want to spend in Cusco and I will be glad to suggest an itinerary

Maryland US
Level Contributor
8 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour Company: Continental Getaways

I didn't use Continental Getaways for Peru as I hadn't heard of them but a couple ofweeks ago my friend and I used them for a trip to The Galapagos Islands and we were very pleased with the efficiency, quality of service and overall value for money of a most wonderful vacation. They were totally

reliable in all aspects of the planning and we felt very secure using this

company.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
5 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour Company: Continental Getaways

Hi Lyle,

I see your responses to several inquires helping others so I'm going to see if you can help me too!

We are traveling to Peru in a few weeks, we have the entire itinerary scheduled, but are having a heck of a time purchasing flight tickets on StarPeru's web site from the States. Do you have any suggestions? I can get the reservation, then have to call them to have them send me the email with confirmation number, but when I go to pay it denies it every time. I have tried 4 different credit cards to no avail... any suggestions?

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour Company: Continental Getaways

@Tekl4 I believe they require the verified by Visa thing, Have you done that with any of your cards? If you have tried using a card that has been verified by visa and it is not going through then maybe the system is reseting on you, I have talked to people that have taken just a little to long to input the info and Star's reservation system reset. These are the only issues I have herd of, if you have already tried verified by Visa and processing the request without delays and are still having problems, let me know and I will see what else I can dig up, unless someone else has any thoughts?

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour Company: Continental Getaways

Have you tried calling the credit card company and your bank to ask them why it isn't going through. Another possibility is that they are blocking it.

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour Company: Continental Getaways

We have schedule a trip with Continental Getaways on Oct 17th. The flights are scheduled, hotels aren't.

Still waiting for "hotel voucher" and tour guide info. No one is answering phone, email, faxes, and facebook inquires. Just wondering if anyone is travel also at this time and know for a fact that everyone is good to go. Or is Continental Getaways out of business.

Edited: 28 September 2013, 01:24
Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tour Company: Continental Getaways

Ooh, I would be worried, too, although I know nothing about this company.

Worst case scenario, you could book your own hotels (easy to do online) & tour guides will also be easy to arrange. Often the hotels can make those arrangements. And if you are going to Machu Picchu, then you would also want to get your train tickets & MP tickets in advance (Cusco hotels can often help with this, too). Then, try to get your money back from the agency or credit card, or claim it on your Travel Insurance.

www.theoptimistictraveler.com

Toronto, Canada
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Tour Company: Continental Getaways

Considering doing Continental Getaways 7 day package from Toronto to Lima , travelling with Avianca ; I'm seeing lots of red flags.. Does anyone have a good experience to report?

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Tour Company: Continental Getaways

Has anyone used Continental Getaways in 2014?

We have scheduled a trip on Nov 27/14 to Peru ,Lima ,Machu Picchu

from Toronto and up to this day we haven't received any tickets or vouchers.

Are they out of business ?