We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2013 tickets now available

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
43 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
2013 tickets now available

Just a heads up, for those like me who have been waiting!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,654 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2013 tickets now available

Hi live1284,

I too have been waiting for the website to come up to buy our tickets.

Is this the site you are using: http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/

I tried to buy tickets today but could not get to stage 3 after putting all the info into stage 1 & 2. Although I selected English at the top of the page it is still hard to understand???????

Did you get your tickets OK and if so could you let me know how you did it?

Thanks

Pam

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
43 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2013 tickets now available

Hi Pam,

I was able to successfully purchase tickets, but not without several attempts. That link is the only place to purchase tickets on your own. There's another thread on here with around 175 posts that goes through a lot of problems (and I'm re-posting a lot of what I've read), but here's what I would keep in mind:

*I did have the same problem when going to step 3 a few times; either the screen would just go to a dull white and nothing would happen, or it wouldn't load at all. I tried different browsers and eventually it worked on Chrome, which I was using initially. I'd say just keep trying.

*I didn't fill in anything for 'Direccion' - I'm not sure if this is address or email address, but it wouldn't let me type any numbers so I just left it blank.

*When you click for it to generate your code, there will be a pop-up window. This is where I made my mistake. I closed out of it too quickly when it didn't load right away - I figured it was just another blank window. But the code must have been generated, and that's what you need to then go back to the website and click 'payments.' When I tried to re-register on my own, it wouldn't let me because I already had a code under my name, but couldn't retrieve it. It does display what that code is when you get the error message, but the window isn't large enough and all the characters are not displayed. It would be nice if that was fixed, then people could easily retrieve their code. I emailed 'callcenter@drc-cusco.gob.pe' and they were able to provide me with the reservation code.

*Your credit card must be verfied by Visa. I knew mine was but I called anyway just to make sure there wasn't a block on it (thanks previous posters).

As I'm sure you're aware, there are lots of problems with the site. The English translations aren't the best (How many hours does a reservation?) and I had to try quite a few times before I could get to step 3. Please let me know if you have any other questions, I'll try and get back to you as soon as I can.

Beau

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2013 tickets now available

Partly problems could be related to volume, suggest you try on a Sunday or at night when the Peruvian travel agencies are not using the website.

Also be sure your popup or ad blockers are turned off!

Do call both Visa (and your bank) to be sure they don't block the overseas charge as "fraud".

You can use something like Google translate for the Spanish Language versions of the website if you don't get an English translation on the website.

4. Re: 2013 tickets now available

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 December 2012, 18:43
Edited: 28 December 2012, 18:43
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 2013 tickets now available

I tried buying my tickets for March 2013 but I had no luck. I called the helpine they provide on their website and they told me that I better come back and check in late February 2013 because they are currently experiencing some issues with their website and online visa payments.

The thing is that I don't want to wait for so long because I am not sure if there will be any tickets available for the specific day I want to visit (Peru Rail tickets are already booked). The hotel I'm staying overnight in Aguas Calientes is charging us 3 times the price if we want them to arrange bookings for us.

I guess it's a risk we have to take..

montreal
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: 2013 tickets now available

Hello all,

I've got the same problem. I've book for next saturday (january 5th) Everything goes well. When I've come to pay, the website as crashed during the Verify by Visa. So now, in my visa account, I've seen in the waiting transaction : machu picchu. But when I try to check in, they said that the paiement is not complete.

Charlotte, North...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 2013 tickets now available

Having the same issues here Janie. The transaction is shown as pending in my visa account, but the only thing I can pull up online is my reservation. When I put my info in on the check-in page, I get an error message telling me that my reservation hasn't been paid, yet it is showing I paid in my visa account =\

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2013 tickets now available

Did you actually make it through the Verified by Visa screen? Do you have a MP reservation code, or just a Verified by Visa code? When you go to Pagos or to Checkin does the system recognize your reservation number?

I would call Visa and ask if they can figure out what the status is for your purchase. It probably at this point a "pre-authorization" but it may be up to the DRC to process the payment. I've had problems with other purchases made online where Verified by Visa authorizes payment but the system crashes before I get a reservation code.

If you have a valid reservation code that is recognized under either Pagos or Check-in, I would check back on the website tomorrow and see if you can print out your tickets under your code.

If not, do what live1284 did in post #2 above. Contact them by email.

ie: I emailed 'callcenter@drc-cusco.gob.pe' and they were able to provide me with the reservation code.

Charlotte, North...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 2013 tickets now available

As of right now, my Visa has been charged. But unfortunately my reservation number expired about an hour ago, and I could not get the booking number to print out my tickets.

After I sent off my visa information, I got a screen telling me there was an error & to try back later. I was going to try again tomorrow until I noticed that my Visa was already charged! After that, I tried going to the check in page where I entered my reservation number, and a pop up window said my reservation is awaiting payment. -sigh-

I'll shoot an email over to them & give them a call sometime tomorrow. Hopefully we can get it fixed.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2013 tickets now available

There is a disconnect between having your Visa "charged" and the system showing you as "not paid".

My guess is that Visa has been "pre authorized" and hopefully the DRC will finalize your purchase and give you a valid reservation code based on that.

If you have any information on what time you paid, and if there was a code when the Verified by Visa screen ran through, then include that in the email to DRC. If you didn't write that information down, call Visa (the number on the back) and ask if they have it. Even the date and time should help DRC find the transaction.