We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you purchase Machu Picchu tickets with MasterCard?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,667 posts
242 reviews
Save Topic
Can you purchase Machu Picchu tickets with MasterCard?

I have been trying to purchase Machu Picchu entry tickets but can't even get to the payment window as the page just 'hangs' and does nothing. I know from other posts that it has been giving everyone problems so I will just keep trying and hope to jag it.

Can you purchase tickets with MasterCard or does it have to be a Visa card?

I presume that as we can select the month and date that we want tickets for then the tickets are now on sale or is there a limit on how far in advance tickets are available?

We managed to book the train today, with a few problems, and now want to lock in the tickets for MP. We are not going until the end of April.

Think we may have got the best seats on the Vistadome train, seats A 1 & 2 which we think are at the very front of the first carriage beside the drivers cabin with a window in front of us looking forward at the train tracks. Can anyone verify this?

Thanks

Pam

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you purchase Machu Picchu tickets with MasterCard?

Yes, it's hanging on the red screen no matter which browser I use. I think you do still need a Visa CC.

Probably busy because the Inca Trail tickets are now up?

No reason to panic for April at this point.

Mentioned in this post
Inca Trail
Inca Trail
1,951 Reviews
Machu Picchu, Peru
california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you purchase Machu Picchu tickets with MasterCard?

I got past the second screen on Google Chrome, and it does appear to only be Visa (probably a Verified by Visa card as in the past).

3. Re: Can you purchase Machu Picchu tickets with MasterCard?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2014, 07:18