We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finally have Machu Picchu tickets after 4 months - see how

Which Machu Picchu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
204 reviews
Save Topic
Finally have Machu Picchu tickets after 4 months - see how

I can not count up the number of times I have visited the http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/ website trying to purchase Machu Picchu tickets over the past 4 months but it would be hundreds and it has been super frustrating and stressful. Visiting Machu Picchu is the main reason we are going to South America so getting tickets was a high priority for us.

On finding a post on TA I contacted Jessica at www.pachatusantrek.com with an enquiry about her purchasing tickets for us. Jessica works in a Travel Agency in Cusco.

I sent my first email to Jessica on 14 March and after a couple more emails and having trouble with my Western Union payment I received my tickets today 17 March. YIPPEEEEEEEE.

Jessica provided a very efficient and quick service. I only wished I had done this last November and it would have saved me all that stress and time trying to purchase tickets. The other thing to consider is that here in Australia we are 13 hours in front of Cusco so that meant it took longer for emails to be replied to.

Jessica processed the details, after she received the payment from Western Union, and then sent me an email telling me how to print the tickets off from the www.machupicchu.gob.pe/ website.

Of course Jessica charges a bit more for tickets to cover her time and costs but I would say it is totally worth it.

These are her current prices:

We have two ways to charge the tickets. According to this, the price varies

1) by visa (the price is higher due to the credit card commission and Peruvian taxes)

2) by western Union (this is fast and cheap).

We do not work with pay pal system.

The price per person for ONLY Machu Picchu is:

By visa USD$ 74.00

By western Union USD$ 64.00

The price per person for Machu Picchu - Huayna Picchu (two shifts: 07:00 am / 10:00 am – subject to availability) ticket is

By visa USD$ 84.00

By western Union USD$ 74.00

The price per person for Machu Picchu – Machu Picchu Mountain (Schedule from 07:00 to 10:00 – subject to availability) ticket is

By visa USD$ 80.00

By western Union USD$ 70.00

Prices are subject to change according to the exchange rate of soles (Peruvian currency) to dollars.

Do yourself a favour and contact Jessica if you need tickets, here are her details:

Jessica Llontop Jurado

Pachatusantrek S.A.C

Villa Unión Huancaro G-4. Residencial Los Fresnos

Bloque B – Departamento 502.

Santiago – Cusco - Perú

Email: jessica@pachatusantrek.com

Teléfono: (51-84) 231817

Celular - RPC: (51-84) 984-103757

Celular - RPM: (51-84) 988-931008 (# para red RPM)

www.pachatusantrek.com

Trip reviews: tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294314-d1…

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pachatusantrek

Testimonials: www.pachatusantrek.com/english/guestbook.php

You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pachatusantrek

Thanks to Jessica I can now move on with the rest of our trip planning and I am not stressed any longer, we go to Machu Picchu next month.

Pam

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finally have Machu Picchu tickets after 4 months - see how

Great news. Now you can relax! Well, except for the packing......

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finally have Machu Picchu tickets after 4 months - see how

Thanks Redhead47.

It certainly was a very stressful 4 months trying to battle with the website.

cordobesa
Level Contributor
845 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finally have Machu Picchu tickets after 4 months - see how

The web site work now, I pay 51$ with Visa for the ticket.

Solana Beach...
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Finally have Machu Picchu tickets after 4 months - see how

I assume these tickets are for hiking the Inca trail. If I have a hotel in Aquas Calientes and just want to take the bus (due to time constraints this is the option) is it necessary to make reservations to get into MP?

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Peru
Level Contributor
5,311 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Finally have Machu Picchu tickets after 4 months - see how

Nope, Heather. If you take a look at other threads (including the Top Questions on the upper right side of this screen), you will realize that this thread is about the regular entrance tickets for MP. And yes, making reservations for MP is a must. You cannot purchase entrance tickets at the gate.

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Finally have Machu Picchu tickets after 4 months - see how

You can't purchase your own tickets for hiking the Inca Trail.

You also should get train tickets in advance -- these are even more likely to sell out than Machu Picchu entrance tickets. BTW, there are more train options going from Ollantaytambo than from Cusco (take a taxi or combi to Olly).

www.theoptimistictraveler.com

Edited: 26 June 2013, 03:37
Solana Beach...
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Finally have Machu Picchu tickets after 4 months - see how

Thanks to both of you! I'm not going until November - plan to purchase as much in advance as I can.

8. Re: Finally have Machu Picchu tickets after 4 months - see how

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2014, 06:19