We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much is a train ticket

Which Machu Picchu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
370 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
how much is a train ticket

We plan to take a combi to Ollantaytambo and then the train.

I must do something wrong, Perurail tell me it cost for 3 people $ US 390 .

I'm total confused .

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,290 posts
501 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how much is a train ticket

Check on this web page as ticket prices are different depending on schedule http://www.perurail.com/

Toronto
Level Contributor
370 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how much is a train ticket

That is where I have the price from, I guess there is a pain border for me. We still have to work for our money. To much for me, Then I better bring my money to Mexico or else where. I'm so disappointed, did so much planing. My main reason to vised Peru is Machu Picchu, but not for every price.

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,168 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how much is a train ticket

I'm seeing about $53 each way per person from Sacred Valley (Ollantaytambo) to Machu Picchu. As xochitl says, depends on schedule (and which level train you are looking at).

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how much is a train ticket

It is not a budget vacation spot, but people can make cuts in other areas such as hotels, alcohol and meals that help even costs out. Overall Peru isn't particularly expensive but Machu Picchu is all that most tourists know about, so prices are high. Don't forget that $50 per person entry fee!

(Still about half that of Disneyland)

Toronto
Level Contributor
370 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how much is a train ticket

I know,, I was just frustrated . Hope that money goes in to Muchu Picchu and our children's, children are able to see at. At lease we can hope.

First our Amazon Trip went because of environmental damage ( google the south Amazon Puerto Moldonado) that is where my frustration are from.

Sorry!

6. Re: how much is a train ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 06:17