We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in april

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
weather in april

Hi. Me and my wife are planning our next adventure to machu piccu. What would the weather be like in early April? We plan to travel to Brazil on 25th march & spend a week there before we move on to Peru. Any advice would be great.

Thanks luke

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,502 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in april

In my opinion the best time of the year to visit the highlands, including MP, is April and May.

So, come and enjoy

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
5,670 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in april

Last time I was there, there were heavy rains until 20 April or so.

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
4,624 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in april

April shouldn't be bad, but there are never any guarantees when it comes to weather, As it at the end of the rainy season, there shouldn’t be too much rain, but I would be prepared for it just in case. The up side is that most of the area should still be green from the rains, which can make for nice pictures.

4. Re: weather in april

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2014, 06:19