We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night in Aguas Calientes for Wayna Picchu after Inca trail??

new york
2 posts
Save Topic
Night in Aguas Calientes for Wayna Picchu after Inca trail??

I'm planning a trip in November to hike the Inca trail (4D/3N) to Machu Picchu and am also planning on hiking the Huayana Picchu mountain. Does anyone have suggestions about staying one night in Aguas Calientes after our hike and doing Huayana Picchu the next day? Or is it better to just book the Huayana Picchu for the 10am hike the day we finish the Inca trail?

Ica, Peru
Level Contributor
922 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night in Aguas Calientes for Wayna Picchu after Inca trail??

What kind of shape are you in? If there is any chance you will be tired upon finishing the Inca Trail, I would do it the next day.

new york
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Night in Aguas Calientes for Wayna Picchu after Inca trail??

Thanks for your reply! I'm in good shape (in my mid 20's and exercise regularly).

Mukilteo, Washington
Level Contributor
135 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night in Aguas Calientes for Wayna Picchu after Inca trail??

You would have to have admission to MP for both days i would imagine, and either might sell out. we just did the Inca Trail and climbed HP the day we finished. the last day on the trail is not so much about effort as the early start time, and after dead woman's pass, the climb up HP is basically an afterthought. it's just a staircase, and by then your legs are used to the height of inca stairs. took us 35 mins and I'm 50 albeit in good shape.

4. Re: Night in Aguas Calientes for Wayna Picchu after Inca trail??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 06:21