We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to Cusco from Perth, Australia

Level Contributor
8 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get to Cusco from Perth, Australia

Hi All.

Im going to do the Macchu Pichu trek in July 2014, im finding it quite hard to get to Cusco from Perth , most flights are in the region of 40+ hours travelling time, has anybody got any experience in this are and can recommend me a quicker way to get there from Perth

Cheers

Steve

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,908 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get to Cusco from Perth, Australia

What about flying to Sydney, then Santiago in Chile, then up to Lime, then on to Cusco.?

Or.............Perth - Joburg - Rio - ......?

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get to Cusco from Perth, Australia

Had a similar issue a year ago when I flew to Oz. Ended up doing:

Cusco - Lima - Sao paulo - Jo'burg - Sydney and it was long!

Other options include:

Cusco - Lima - LA - Oz

Cusco - Lima - Santiago - Oz I belive this is the fastest route but I also found it the most expensive. Try with www.lan.com

Good luck!

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,527 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get to Cusco from Perth, Australia

I understand from a couple of Aussie friends that the cheapest way to get to Lima is via LAX.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get to Cusco from Perth, Australia

coming from Singapore I used the Sydney- Santiago route twice.. not the cheapest route but the most convenient route.. LAN and Qantas codeshare so u can book thru' either..

I have also done via middle eastern route.. Emirates and Qatar now fly direct to South America from either Dubai or Doha..

U can also check out Aerolineas Argentinas, which has one of the lowest fares. They fly direct from Sydney to Buenos Aires. U can fly to Lima from BA.

Australia
Level Contributor
85 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get to Cusco from Perth, Australia

You have probably already booked, however we are going Brisbane LAX

(Quito, heading to Galapagos first )however on the way home we do Cusco, Lima LAX Brisbane.

Not an easy or cheap destination to get to .

What did you end up doing?

Level Contributor
8 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to get to Cusco from Perth, Australia

Ended up booking per-syd-auk-santiago-lima

7. Re: Best way to get to Cusco from Perth, Australia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 05:15