We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does PERURAIL to Poroy stop at Ollantaytambo?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
24 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Does PERURAIL to Poroy stop at Ollantaytambo?

I can't find this information on the PERURAIL site. I found an old post indicating that it would be stop there but I would like to confirm before booking. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
24 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does PERURAIL to Poroy stop at Ollantaytambo?

And I mean macchu picchu to poroy

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,447 posts
505 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does PERURAIL to Poroy stop at Ollantaytambo?

Yes, but very briefly

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
24 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does PERURAIL to Poroy stop at Ollantaytambo?

Thanks xochitl, so we should have no problem getting off the train there?

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does PERURAIL to Poroy stop at Ollantaytambo?

Why not just book Macchu Picchu to Ollantaytambo? It would be cheaper.

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
594 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does PERURAIL to Poroy stop at Ollantaytambo?

Yes the train stops to collect and drop off people. You'll have about 10 mins!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
24 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does PERURAIL to Poroy stop at Ollantaytambo?

The reason I wanted to book the train to Poroy is because it leaves at 4:45 pm but now that I look yes it is significant more per person. We were planning to arrive at Macchu Picchu at 7:40 AM, hike Huayna Picchu in the second group (10-11am). Our hotel is located near Ollantaytambo. The afternoon train choices are 1)Destination Ollantaytambo leave at 2:55 pm, $63 2)Destination Ollantaytambo leave at 6:45 pm, $58, 3)Destination Ollantaytambo leave at 3:45 pm, $80 3) Destination Poroy leave at 4:43 pm, $75

We were thinking 2:55 pm might be too early. I'm assuming we'd arrive at Macchu Picchu around 8:30-8:45am after the bus and entrance, explore for an hour, then hike up Huayna which would take 2.5 hours . That puts us around 12:30 finish. Then we'd only have 1.5 hours before we had to head down to catch the train. Do you guys think that's enough time? I think 6:45 pm is too late, we'd be exhausted by then. 4:45 pm seemed like the perfect time to depart. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does PERURAIL to Poroy stop at Ollantaytambo?

You don't have to spend the entire time on your feet. Also, you will have to leave MP at 5:30 ish regardless.

For me it is worth staying til closing.

sandycreek
Level Contributor
82 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Does PERURAIL to Poroy stop at Ollantaytambo?

Do you have time to collect luggage fron the storage in Olla before heading back to cusco?

9. Re: Does PERURAIL to Poroy stop at Ollantaytambo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2015, 05:16