We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Machu Picchu

Which Machu Picchu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
Machu Picchu

I heard somewhere that Machu Picchu will be closed for maintenance beginning in 2015 and that this year is my last opportunity to do the multiday hike up the back way. Does anyone know whether this is true or not. I want to do some significant hiking while my wife wants to wait at the top in relative comfort. Any thoughts are welcome. August/September would be my first opportunity.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Machu Picchu

It's not true, Machu Picchu will never close again, it has done before and the government lost a lot of money. The Inka Trail is closed for maintenance February of every year, maybe you're getting mixed up with that?

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
594 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Machu Picchu

The Inca Trail is closed every year during the month of February, but Machu Picchu is open every day of the year.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Machu Picchu

My thanks to both respondents.

4. Re: Machu Picchu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 05:17