We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip ideas

Leeds
Level Contributor
401 posts
Save Topic
Trip ideas

Hi

We are starting to look into booking a trip to Peru, and I am hoping someone can give us some ideas of a rough itinerary! We haven't decided on a duration yet, so open to suggestions! Flexible to when we go too.

We will be travelling from the UK

We want to do the inca trail

Would love to go somewhere relaxing afterwards, preferably a beach resort?

Thanks in advance :-)

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip ideas

Try to have a date to go to Peru if you plan coming soon because the Inca trail gets sold out fast months ahead.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
15,764 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip ideas

Also, the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu are best in June/July/August, which is dry season but also winter. So what's ideal for Machu Picchu is not the ideal time for a beach vacation in Peru.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,885 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip ideas

This website may help with your planning and give you some ideas.

www.andeantravelweb.com/peru

Edited: 15 June 2014, 15:37
Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,627 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip ideas

You need to,plan some dates in advance as bookings are required for the Inca trail months in advance.

Leeds
Level Contributor
401 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip ideas

Thanks

We will definitely book it well in advance - I'm just not sure where to start! I will have a look at that website, thanks.

Has anyone flown to a different country for the beach relaxation afterwards?

Thanks again

6. Re: Trip ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 05:17