We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sacred Valley Help

Baltimore, Maryland
8 posts
Save Topic
Sacred Valley Help

Urubamba > Pisac > Ollantaytambo too much in one day?

Hi. Here is itinerary for July

Day 1 Cusco airport>Urubamba. Is there time to stop at Moray and Salinas de Maras on the way to Urubamba? Plane lands at 3pm. I think no?

Day 2 Urubamba to Pisac (market and ruins) and then to Ollantaytambo (ruins and dinner)?

Day 3 Ollantaytambo > Chinchero for the Sunday market > Ollantaytambo 3:30pm train to Aguas Calientes?

Day 4 MP > late train to Ollantaytambo

Day 5 Abra Malaga bike ride> Cusco

Day 6 & 7 Cusco

OR

Day 1> Urubamba late afternoon eve/.

Day2> Moray,Salinas de Maras, Chinchero, Ollantaytambo

Day 3> Ollantaytambo ruins/hike > 3:30 train to MP.

Day 4 MP > late train to Ollantaytambo

Day 5 Abra Malaga bike ride> Cusco

Day 6 & 7 Cusco / Pisco / Sexywoman /

I definitely want to go to Chinchero, Moray, Salinas de Maras, Ollantaytambo, and Pisac. ?? We are family of four w adult children..

Michigan
Level Contributor
13 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sacred Valley Help

We were in Peru in January and went to most of the same places. I think that there is probably not time to go to both Salinas de Maras and Moray after 3 PM after your flight to Cusco. I don't know when the sun sets in July but it is winter there now. However, it might be preferable to try that rather than your day two of the second trip option. Trying to see Moray, Salinas de Maras, Chinchero, Ollantaytambo in one day is a lot. We went to Chincero but not to the market, which I'm guessing would take an hour or two. Ollantaytambo is very impressive and you could spend a couple of hours there, too. The road from Cusco to Chincero is long and winding, with lots of hairpin turns. With either choice you are trying to fit a lot into a limited amount of time. On our trip we flew from Lima to Cusco, arriving in the morning and having lunch first in Chicero followed by a weaving demonstration. Then we spent one morning visiting Maras and Moray and the afternoon was spent at Ollantaytambo. I hope this helps. We did not visit Pisac.

2. Re: Sacred Valley Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2015, 05:16