We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Machu Picchu Mountain Hours

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Machu Picchu Mountain Hours

I just got the MP + mountain ticket, which is open till 11am? Does that mean we have to be down the mountain by 11am (our train gets in around 8:30am), or is that just the time when they stop letting people go up.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
20,313 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Machu Picchu Mountain Hours

The hours on the ticket (should be 10-11am) is the time you have to enter.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,447 posts
505 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Machu Picchu Mountain Hours

You can enter MP site at any hour, starting at 630 am, and leave at 530 pm which is closing time.

The start of the climbing of Huayna Picchu ticket is from 10 to 11 am.

Edited: 10 July 2014, 14:15
Falls Church...
Level Contributor
39 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Machu Picchu Mountain Hours

I think the OP is asking about MP Mountain? When I was there in May the guards started to kick people at the top off at around 12:30 .

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Machu Picchu Mountain Hours

Yes I meant the Cerro MP, the large mountain on the opposite side of HP. Okay 12:30 means that we have sometime to climb, perfect thanks!

5. Re: Machu Picchu Mountain Hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 02:17