We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PeruRail and luggage

Idaho
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
PeruRail and luggage

Hello, we are trying to plan our trip and I just came across the luggage limits info. So we'd like to travel from Ollanta (where we would have overnighted) to Aguas Calientes on a Sunday afternoon, see MP on Monday and take a train into Cuzco Monday afternoon.

We will each have backpack style luggage (Rick Steves convertible bags). Can we really not take this on the train? If not, I see there is luggage storage in Ollanta. Will the train back to Cuzco stop in Ollanta so we can get our bags? Otherwise I am at a loss...

Mentioned in this post
Aguas Calientes
Aguas Calientes
Machu Picchu, Peru
Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,671 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PeruRail and luggage

You can carry your backpacks but would need to leave them at the entrance to MP

Your other alternative would be to leave them at Olly station and then only book the train back to Olly and cab or bus from Olly to Cusco, which is a better idea any way.

Mentioned in this post
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
2. Re: PeruRail and luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 06:16