We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MP on a Sunday

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
336 reviews
Save Topic
MP on a Sunday

Our final itinerary has placed visiting MP on a Sunday end Sept.

I read mixed threads - that its less crowded on Sunday as the tourists visit the market in Pisac and another thread from 2006 which said locals get in free on Sunday and therefore it is crowded.

Please bear with me and let me know how the crowds are on Sundays. Dont want to make the wrong decision. I have the option of changing it to Monday.

Decisions.....Decisions!

Edited: 15 August 2014, 10:35
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
15,008 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MP on a Sunday

I do not think it will matter. MP has a daily ticket limit and in high season, which sept is, it'll be sold out every day.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,821 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MP on a Sunday

I really wouldn't worry about threads that are 8 years old. It won't matter which day you go.

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MP on a Sunday

Thanks. I thought Aug was the high season, and Sept was the heading towards the low season.

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
39 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MP on a Sunday

It's hard to predict. I was there on a Sunday just this past May, and it was not crowded, relatively. I came back on Monday, expecting it to be a zoo, but it was pleasantly even less crowded than on Sunday. Even the guards were wondering where all the people were. I'd say just pick a day(s) that is convenient for your schedule and enjoy it.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,483 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MP on a Sunday

it really makes no difference.

MP is mostly visited by foreigners anyway

Still Cusquenos can visit for free on Sundays

6. Re: MP on a Sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 06:17