We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone used Llama Travel to visit Peru

Which Machu Picchu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Berkshire
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone used Llama Travel to visit Peru

Hi, Llama Travel's web page looks great but wanted to check if anyone independent could recommend them before I go ahead and book a trip to Peru for September this year. Thanks in advance.

Lima
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone used Llama Travel to visit Peru

Well , I went to Cuzco last year, and you only need a travel agency for the Inka Trail.

I took my flight from Lima to Cuzco ( US$ 138 ) round trip

The tour for sacred valley cost US$ 12 per person

The hostel cost between $ 10 and US$ 20 per night , per person

and the taxi services cost between US$ 1 and US$ 3 .

The Inka Trail cost since US$ 270, it depends on the kind of Inka Trail tour you choose, ( 4d/3n) , ( 5d/4n), etc.

So you can do anything byyourself !!!

Let me know if you want more information or help, I'm a independent travel agent..!!!

Grettings,

Kathia

Guildford, England
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone used Llama Travel to visit Peru

Hello, my wife and I went to Peru (Jungle & Machu Picchu) in April 2006 with LLama Travel... It was a trip of a lifetime. I would definitely recommend LLama Travel. I can't complain about anything. Everything was taken care of... all we had to do was relax and enjoy the holiday. Francis

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone used Llama Travel to visit Peru

We're travelling with them in April, - probably a bit late for you, but I'll let you know how we got on if you like. They have an excellent reputation so I wouldn't worry unduly.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone used Llama Travel to visit Peru

We've just returned from our trip to Peru with llama Travel. I cannot reccommend this agency enough,. The whole trip was superbly organised from beginning to end. Everything was superb, - accomodation, food tours, guides etc and everything went like clockwork.

Midlands
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone used Llama Travel to visit Peru

ynamc...a few questions if I may.....Brace yourself!

I was also looking to go with Llama Travel but I was slighlty put off when I was told that they operate with groups of 25. Is this the case? If so, did this affect your enjoyment?

Also, are you with the same people for all the tour? I was wondering how it works out with people having the choice of means of travel, choice of hotels and choice of sites to visit.

Did you choose the Standard or Superior Hotels? Any comments to make on accommodation generally?

Were there many single people travelling?

Is there anything that you would do differently if you had the opportunity - within the scope of what Llama Travel offer.

I think that's it ... for now.

Thanking you in anticipation.

6. Re: Anyone used Llama Travel to visit Peru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 01:16