We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ollantaytambo to Cusco private transfer

Which Ollantaytambo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Daly City, CA 94015
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Ollantaytambo to Cusco private transfer

Hi Joaquin, we have 2 people & need the private transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cuzco. My friend & I going to stay at El Albergue. Please kindly advice if we need to book it in advance & the cost of it. Thanks!

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Peru
Level Contributor
5,312 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ollantaytambo to Cusco private transfer

Have you asked your hotel about a safe taxi? Most hotels in Cusco and Sacred Valley can arrange transportation and private tours if you ask them. Also check the forum for different experiences such as how to take public transportation and taxi safety in Cusco.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ollantaytambo to Cusco private transfer

If you are staying at El Albergue it is easy to find taxis out side at the train station (assuming this is daytime), they will be about half the price of what the hotel is now charging. They should be willing to help you select a safe one if you have any concerns.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
932 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ollantaytambo to Cusco private transfer

costs $30. not an uncommon drive. your hotel can call the local taxi company

cusco, peru
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ollantaytambo to Cusco private transfer

go to the main square there are many nice yaris (toyota) taxis and they can charge you no more than 70 soles to ollantaytambo. and contribute local taxi drivers.

Edited: 13 January 2012, 16:49
Daly City, CA 94015
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ollantaytambo to Cusco private transfer

Thanks all. I got a quote from El Albergue $65.00 & can anyone tell me if this is right price?

cusco
Level Contributor
568 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ollantaytambo to Cusco private transfer

You can bargain to at least $60.. Remember think safety and you will be with baggage so better to pay the $65.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ollantaytambo to Cusco private transfer

Its the right price as far as El Albergue is concerned. Others would say it's too much but if you don't want to bargain that's what you pay. BTW they've raised their prices $20 since 2009 if that helps/

Daly City, CA 94015
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ollantaytambo to Cusco private transfer

Thanks a million, that's very helpful.

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
339 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ollantaytambo to Cusco private transfer

60U$, 65U$..... those prices are hugely inflated. I am not criticising the hotel here because everyone does it but if you hire a taxi from the street it will cost you 30 soles or 11 U$. So you are paying a hefty premium to allow someone to make a fair bit of money. That's how these things work, same as they would any tourist place in the world.

Daly City, CA 94015
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ollantaytambo to Cusco private transfer

Yeah, exactly. I know what do you meant, but we have no choice as the foreigner. Especialy, we all concern about the safety.