We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help getting tickets online for Machu Picchu please!

atlanta, georgia
Level Contributor
84 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Help getting tickets online for Machu Picchu please!

I have been very patiently trying to buy my tickets online for MP entrance fees. However, every time I enter all our information and go to Step 3--it freezes for hours. So I wait and retry. Any ideas on how to order 4 tickets? Also, I was told to just pay full price for my 2 sons who are students as it is very complicated to get their student fare--does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

1. Re: Help getting tickets online for Machu Picchu please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 April 2013, 21:06
california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help getting tickets online for Machu Picchu please!

Here are some recent experiences. Try doing the booking on the Spanish language version.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294314-i3023-k631…

atlanta, georgia
Level Contributor
84 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help getting tickets online for Machu Picchu please!

Thanks

I will try it in Spanish.

Trabuco Canyon...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help getting tickets online for Machu Picchu please!

If you haven't already, call your bank and let them know you are trying to purchase tickets on a foreign site. Most big banks have security settings in place in case of fraud. After you confirm, try to delete your web history and go into a fresh page to try and pay again. I had success (after a long time) with using the Spanish version, but I also had to request a new reservation number after 6 hours have elapsed. I also was successful using Chrome instead of Explorer, so not sure if that was a coincidence or not. Good luck! It's frustrating but once you see Paso Exitoso, you'll be so happy!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
27 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help getting tickets online for Machu Picchu please!

I experienced the same problem trying to book the tickets with the English version. everything froze after step 2. I posted my question on another posting and thanks to MLGB, who responded very quickly with the link to this posting. I was able to booked 2 tickets using the Spanish version after the 1st try. was able to pay by my Visa credit card. btw, I use windows explorer version 9.

6. Re: Help getting tickets online for Machu Picchu please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2014, 06:15