We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urubamba Festival Nov. 9th

Which Urubamba hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Urubamba Festival Nov. 9th

My Moon Peru Handbook mentions a festival in Urubamba on Nov. 9th but there isn't a lot of detail.

I would appreciate hearing from others who have attended this event. I am a festaholic so I am looking forward to attending local festivals during my trip this winter.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,290 posts
501 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urubamba Festival Nov. 9th

I have never heard about a 9th November festivitie in the Urubamba area.

Can you provide me with more details pls ?

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Urubamba Festival Nov. 9th

As I mentioned there isn't really any detail. This is what Moon Peru Handbook quotes:

Urubamba erupts in bullfights, dancing and partying during the Pentecostal celebration of Senor Torrechayoc in late May or early June "and then once again for Urubamba Day on November 9th."

No info about Urubamba Day and nothing came up when I googled it.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Urubamba Festival Nov. 9th

I finally received an answer to this question!

Sofie, the agent that xochitl recommends so often, replied to my question with this answer:

"Thank you for contacting me.

The celebration of Urubamba starts on the 9/11 at 6.00PM in the center. They close the steets for the procesion that passes on flower carpets made on the streets. This celebration last like 3 days but the 9/11 is the most important day.

Have a nice day

Sofia"

Sounds interesting!

FL
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Urubamba Festival Nov. 9th

I am going to be in Urubamba on Nov. 10th and 11th. I hope I get to see the festival or least the remaining festivities.

5. Re: Urubamba Festival Nov. 9th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 09:21