We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

great restaurant -- try it!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
98 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
great restaurant -- try it!

Thank you Cultural Immersions for sending us to Cocina Novo Andina -- Andean Gourmet restaurant on the main road in Urubamba. Ricardo Behar, chef and owner, offers an awesome dining experience based on local ingredients and flavors. His avocado and hearts of palm salad and deep fried yuca -- which just appeared before we ordered -- were amazing, as was the rest of the meal. Ricardo is a gracious and loquacious host -- my daughter said he reminded her of Javier Bardem -- who quite simply provided the best meal we had in Peru.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
98 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: great restaurant -- try it!

Note -- the place also says "3 Keros" on the outside and in reading a couple of closed topics, below, that seems to be how it is known -- I was going from the business card I got from Ricardo so apologize for any confusion.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: great restaurant -- try it!

Thanks for posting sounds tasty...

consider filing a restaurant review on TA

these threads disappear quickly...

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,520 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: great restaurant -- try it!

Los 3 Keros and Huacatay have very good reviews on this forum.

I am glad you enjoy your meal and my friend Ricardos company.

4. Re: great restaurant -- try it!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2011, 07:31