We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can Machu Picchu tickets be used again on the same day?

Sydney
Level Contributor
86 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Can Machu Picchu tickets be used again on the same day?

Hi

I have been looking at tickets for Machu Picchu and noted that even though they are valid for 3 days after purchase they can only be used for 1 entry. I am staying at the Sanctuary Lodge with the sole purpose in mind on the first day of my ticket use to have a tour in the morning of MP but I was hoping I could go out to the Sanctuary Lodge have lunch then return in the afternoon when the crowds have departed for a more relaxing soul satisfying visit. Can I get a "pass out" and re-enter on the same day?

Thanks for any info Sue.

Mentioned in this post
Machu Picchu
Machu Picchu
Sacred Valley, Peru
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
16,757 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can Machu Picchu tickets be used again on the same day?

Mp tickets are date specific. They are good for one day only. You have to buy them for a specific date. They are Not good for 3 days.

If you want to go for 2 days you need to buy two entrance tickets.

You can go in and out as often as you want during the day, though. There's no bathrooms or food inside, so everyone does.

Edited: 26 June 2013, 11:46
Sydney
Level Contributor
86 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can Machu Picchu tickets be used again on the same day?

Great thats exactly what I wanted to do, thanks Sue

3. Re: Can Machu Picchu tickets be used again on the same day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2014, 06:20