We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling sacred valley with kids

Which Urubamba hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Topic
Traveling sacred valley with kids

Hello,

We will be travelign with two families and thress kids.. Age 3, 6, and 11... We will visit Lima, Cusco, Sacred Valley and MP.. We will have between 7-10 days in this area.

Can anyone provide their perspective on what would be best itinerary here with kids? Perhaps Urubamba Valley would be a nice place to stay that’s central to the Sacred Valley and less altitude than Cuzco?

We will try to stay 1 night at the sanctuary.

Has anyone heard of La Tierra de los Yachaqs, an association that provides cultural-immersion tours and home stays?

Thanks for any replies...

Rockville
Level Contributor
3 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling sacred valley with kids

I'm sorry to see that you didn't get any responses. I'm heading there with the family (11 and 8 year olds) in mid July. Any pointers or experiences to share? Thanks.

Fall City, WA
Level Contributor
41 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling sacred valley with kids

We are headed to the Sacred Valley with an 11 year old and 15 year old. If you have any recommendations, please share.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling sacred valley with kids

Hello,

Just saw this in my email alerts.. I'm not sure your travel style and what your interested in. To us the sacred valley was a real highlight of the trip. In many ways I would have drastically reduced my time in cusco and potentially skipped cusco all together until after MP... We stayed at the most awsome resort in my life. It was absolutly amazing and would highly recommend a 2-3 night stay with day trips from there.. The www.aranwahotels.com.. Again not in everyones price range or travel type.. but this place was ridiculously amazing... The drive through the valley itself is quite spectacular and the ruins in the valley are major stops..

Ollantaytambo and the ruins there can easily be 1/2 day by itself.. Around sunset this p[lace is simply awsome, the pisac markets and the ruins above pisac also 1/2 day ... I saw llama farms that looked real cool.

We did all of this in a long day driving from cusco to sacred valley, however I felt I could have spent more time in the sacred valley... Done a day at the hotel, a day site seeing, maybe even 2 days...

I wasn't able to find anything regarding hose stays...

hope this helps

4. Re: Traveling sacred valley with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 07:15