We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from MVD to Cruise dock @ Buenos Aires

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from MVD to Cruise dock @ Buenos Aires

Good day

My investigations sofar show that we can go via ferry but.....we cannot buy a oneway fare it must be return? Is this correct if not please clarify

renting a budget car is for me about US$ 150,-- Google maps won't give me total distance . The Question is how many miles/km?

anyone driven this route? driving in Bs As possible? left side? or right side?

Any and all info deeply appreciated

Thanks Gerry

1. Re: Transportation from MVD to Cruise dock @ Buenos Aires

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2011, 19:32
Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from MVD to Cruise dock @ Buenos Aires

To Fernando - Thanks for your reply - from which I conclude that to pick up a car in Montevideo and leave it in Bs As is not allowed .Furthermore driving in Bs As is for the crazies....? While lurking at other posts I found this link

http://www.buquebus.com/BQBWeb/HomeENG but from this I cannot get a one way fare on the ferrie from MVD to BsAs. What would be the cost?

Thank you Gerry

Uruguay
Destination Expert
for Colonia del Sacramento
Level Contributor
513 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from MVD to Cruise dock @ Buenos Aires

Hello Gerry, you don´t need to drive at all. The Buquebus company has boats from Montevideo to Buenos Aires (3 hours) or a 2 hours bus ride to Colonia and the ferry ticket to Buenos Aires (recommendable) this way you see a lot of the country and I think is cheaper. You can also do a bus trip on any of the companies (Turil, COT) to Colonia, stay a couple of hours seeing the nice old town, and then take the ferry to Buenos AIres (several frequencies a day)

Good luck.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,762 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from MVD to Cruise dock @ Buenos Aires

Gerry,

You can purchase a one-way ticket. I think I posted that link yesterday. I just checked it out. Just click on One Trip, and the date you need it for. I chose tomorrow, and got a quote for $132 Argentinian pesos for the least expensive one-way fare.

Silvia

Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
729 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from MVD to Cruise dock @ Buenos Aires

Hi Gerry,

My name is Levy Lempert, from Rio de Janeiro,Brazil. On last may 19, I and my wife took a buquebus package including: 3 nights hotel 3* in Montevideo, bus transfers both ways between Colonia City and Montevideo until our hotel and of course the ferry both ways between Buenos Aires and Colonia City. All included came up to US$ 745,00, which I think was unexpensive. You also have 2 others ferry companies doing either just the trip and the package. They are : SEACAT and COLONIA ferries . Inspite they are a littlebit cheaper, they aren't so fancy and huge, and worse, not punctual.

Edited: 07 July 2011, 04:08
6. Re: Transportation from MVD to Cruise dock @ Buenos Aires

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 14:17