We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage in Car - OK?

ny, ny
Level Contributor
91 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage in Car - OK?

Hi - Flying into Montevideo and hiring car to drive to Punta for a few days. Since we fly out of Punta to our next stop our only chance to see Montevideo will be just after we arrive. Is it advisable to park our car (with all our luggage in it) in downtown Montevideo? I assume there are "safe" parking garages? Street OK? Other ideas? Thanks!

Punta del Este
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage in Car - OK?

Don't leave it on the street, just on private Parkings. Of course it's safe, don't be so paranoid mate

WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,534 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage in Car - OK?

But I would suggest making sure that nothing is visible from inside the car when you park it - regardless of where you park it. And I agree with Uruguayan that a private parking lot would make most sense.

Uruguayan: can you (or can others) recommend any parking lots - or hotels - that would allow a day/charge for parking in their lots - in the centro area that samdog is interested in ?

Punta del Este
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage in Car - OK?

There is one on a corner side of Plaza Independencia on Juncal St.

ny, ny
Level Contributor
91 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage in Car - OK?

Thank you much guys .. most appeciated. SD

5. Re: Luggage in Car - OK?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2014, 05:20